The terms and conditions regulate the relationship between ThisIStria.com, SHORTii obrt, and the customer (‘you’).
By accessing, browsing, using, and/or booking/ordering a tour or event with us, you acknowledge to have read, understood, and agreed to these terms and conditions.
1. BOOKING AND ORDERING
Booking and ordering can be made through our website, via email, by phone or via third party where our products are bookable (e.g. hotels, travel agents, third party website).
The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all the people in the group and is responsible for all payments due. You need to be at least 18 years of age to be able to make a booking.
2. TERMS OF PAYMENT
Walking and Driving Tours
For booking of our walking and driving tours, the full amount will be charged upon booking.
For booking of our daytrips, the full amount will be charged upon booking.
3. CANCELLATIONS TERMS
We must receive your cancellation notice in writing by e-mail. Your cancellation date/time will be the date/time on which you send the notice.
Cancellation by customer – Walking and Driving Tours
· Cancellation 7 days or longer prior to departure: no cancellation fee.
· Cancellation 2 days to 7 days prior to departure: no cancellation fee.
· Cancellation less than 1 days (24 h) prior to departure will be charged 100%
Cancellation by customer – Day Tours
· Cancellation 7 days or longer prior to departure: no cancellation fee.
· Cancellation 3 days to 7 days prior to departure will be charged 50%
· Cancellation less than 2 days (48 h.) prior to departure will be charged 100%
No refunds are issued in the event you fail to participate in the tour you have booked. `No-show` will be charged 100%. No-show also includes meeting up after departure time and failing to find the tour meeting place – it is your responsibility to locate the correct meeting place and the correct guide.
Cancellation and changes by us
In the unlikely event of us cancelling the tour / experience ,we reserve the right to cancel or make amendments to any tour due to circumstances beyond our control. Should such cancellations or significant amendments occur, we will provide you with immediate notification. Such cancellations or changes may occur due to circumstances, like:
· Most of our tours require a minimum number of participants. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked to an alternative date or receiving a full refund.
Unfavorable weather conditions
· We reserve the right to change any trip with your safety in mind. This is especially valid for autumn and winter tours. Our summer tours operated from April through November are rarely affected by harsh weather. We will make every effort to provide similar alternative arrangements without any additional costs. Also we may offer an alternative trip at the same time as the original. In case of substantial changes to the event you will be offered a refund of the total price.
Illness or injury for the guide/tour leader
· Medical incidents or limitations to the tour leader/guide may require a leader/guide to be replaced. In the event of such an incident a leader/guide will be substituted by someone who has the same skill set and knowledge. The tour or event might be cancelled if we fail to replace the guide. In such scenario your total cost will be refunded.
Circumstances over which we (or our partners) have no control, e.g. weather conditions, breakdowns, labour disputes and the equivalent (Force Majeure) may result in cancellation or major amendments. In the case of a Force Majeure, we will contact you as soon as possible with the offer of an alternative trip, or in the more severe cases, we may have to cancel your trip. Most cancellation insurance policies do cover Force Majeure. If your trip is cancelled due to a force majeure, please contact your insurance company to ask them if they will compensate you.
If you have a Force Majeure section in your policy, you will generally be covered for the sudden and unforeseen occurrence of war, invasion, military rising, rebellion, climatic conditions and acts of nature, all of which must happen for the first time after the date you bought your policy. Most travel insurance policies will only allow you to cancel your trip for a limited number of reasons, such as your death, injury, or illness or that of a close relative or travelling companion.
4. OBLIGATIONS & LIABILITY
THE CUSTOMERS OBLIGATIONS
You are obliged to familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions for each activity, and to convey this information to other participants you have booked/ordered on behalf of.
Information of personal health and fitness level
It is your responsibility to make sure that your fitness level fits the activity recommended and booked. Each participant must inform the guide of medical conditions, illnesses or disorders that may be relevant for safety reasons or aggravated during the event/activity.
You are obliged to comply with the instructions given by the guide
The overall responsibility for the safety of the group belongs to the guide. For the guide to take responsibility for the entire group, each participant is obliged to follow any instructions given by us and, the guide/tour leader.
5. ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
All outdoor activities like those we offer, carry inherent risks. We operate a robust safety management system and always try to reduce risk, however we cannot mitigate all risk from our trips.
By participating in our trips you acknowledge a degree of personal risk. By booking or ordering a trip with us you acknowledge that participation in our activities involve risks above and beyond those encountered on a more conventional holiday.
We do not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by customers or can be traced to their own actions or are caused by factors outside of human control (Force majeure) unless the accident is due to serious negligence by the guide.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the tour price for our trips and events.
Travel insurance and cancellation insurance
Please note that cancellation cover or individual travel insurance is not included in our prices. It is therefore strongly recommended to ensure that your personal travel insurance covers all the activities you expect to participate in.
Please also check if your travel insurance covers you in case something goes wrong and you need to cancel your tour with us before you head off.
If you are not happy with service provided, complaints must be made immediately to us, in written by mail, the guide or tour leader, otherwise you forfeit the right to complain. In addition, written complaints must be made within 15 days of returning home, unless there are special reasons for extending the time limit.
8. PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
What type of personal data is collected?
Your name, nationality, telephone number, email address and details of the services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about.
How do we collect personal data about you?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us, make a booking, register interest for our services, connect with us via social media or by speaking to us.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect personal information only to the extent necessary to deliver the services, products, or information you (or an agent or other passenger booking on your behalf) request.
We do not share, sell, or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Security of Information
The personal information that you provide us via this website is held on secure servers. None of your personal data is stored at our local computers.
All transfer of your payment information when booking via our website is done through a secure server using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Payments via our website are processed by Trekksoft.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We will share your personal information with our local suppliers and our own guides as they will need that information in order to perform services you have asked for. We also need to share some of your information with selected third parties including:
· When you book/order a trip or event with us some of your data will be processed by our accountant. The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation they are obliged to. Our accountant will keep these data for a certain period. At the end of that period time the data will be deleted.
The Online Booking System we are using
· We use orioly to offer online booking services, so when you make a booking at our website some of your data (name, email address, nationality) will be shared with Orioly.
Access to, unsubscribing and correction of your personal information
You may access, update, and/or correct all your personal information at any time.
IP Addresses & Cookies
Our Company Information:
SHORTii obrt, vl. Alen Greblo
OIB (Company Identification Code): 75170420520
9. JURISDICTION AND CHOICE OF LAW
The Contract incorporates these terms and conditions, which are governed by the law of Croatia and the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Croatia. You agree that you will bring any claims and/or disputes that you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of County court of Pazin.