Wine & More
…your unique wine experience of Istria
Wine & more is yours unique wine tour of Istria: a convenient yet full Istrian wine experience, including a lot of education, delicious wines & fun in one of Croatia most beautiful wine regions, Istria.
The wines tasted at the wineries are all representative of the area of ISTRIA, so red wines are made from Teran , Refosk, Merlot and other red grape varieties. You’ll also have the opportunity of tasting a Malvazija Istarska at each winery.
We fit in 3 wineries before 5 pm so you have time to relax and enjoy in the great hotels and beaches that Rovinj/Pula has to offer in the late afternoon.
The first winery is Dobravac or Trapan Winery, where we will start with our first tasting of 5 different wines and enjoy a light sanck of local ham / istrian prosciutto/ and cheese.
At the second winery, Matosevic or Meneghetti wines, you’ll see the cellars that have been in the familz for over 100 years and learn more Malvazija Istriana and Teran wines.
At the third winery, San Tomasso, it’ll be time to learn about wine & food pairing. So after briefly enjoying the views of the beautiful Istrian countryside and the cellars we will make ourselves comfortable in the winery „locanda“ for a typical Istrian meal consisting of starters (local produce /cheese, prosciutto, salami & bread with olive oil), some lovely home-made pasta and finally finish off with a desert – all accompanied by a wine tasting of the winery’s fine selection of wines.
- transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car / van
- English speaking expert guide
- three winery visits
- generous wine tastings (9-12 different wines during the tour)
- olive oil tastings
- freshly made Istrian meal at the San Tomasso winery
- When: Tours run from March through November, 7 days a week at 9:30am. From May trough September we may add afternoon tours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that will start at 3.30 pm with the exact same program.
- Meeting Point: At your hotel reception /if not otherwise agreed/.
- Half day: 7.5 hrs approx
- Size: Min attendance for tour to run: 2 people – max 4 pp
- Allergy friendly: vegetarians and gluten free can be catered too
- Difficulty: a few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
- Wines tasted: Typical Istrian grape varieties (Malvazija Istarska, Teran, Muskat Momjanski, Refosk, Merlot, etc)
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers.The producers also ship to the EU & USA. ThisIStria tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.