Grape & Grain
…best wine and craft beer producers of Istria
GRAPE & GRAIN is yours unique tour of Istria: full Istrian wine experience, including a lot of education, delicious wines & fun in one of Croatia most beautiful wine regions, Istria.
We will also visit a local craft brewery with a tasting of their beer range. Brewery stakehouse/restaurant is a place where we will enjoy a great lunch paired with different beers.
The first winery is Damjanic Wines, where we will start with our first tasting of 5 different wines and enjoy a light snack of local ham /istrian prosciutto/ and cheese.
At the San Servolo Brewery, it’ll be time to learn about beer & food pairing. So after briefly enjoying the tour of the brewery we will make ourselves comfortable in the steakhouse /restaurant to enjoy the menu: Istrian meal consisting of starters (local produce /cheese, carpaccio of local beef, salami & bread with olive oil), some lovely home-made pasta with black truffles and finally finish off with a desert – all accompanied by a different beer from the breweries fine beer selection.
RETURN to hotel at approx 15.00
- transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car / van
- English speaking expert guide
- visit to a winery and brewery
- generous wine and beer tastings
- olive oil tastings
- freshly made lunch at the brewery
- When: Tours run from March through October, 7 days a week at 9:30am. From May trough September we may add afternoon tours on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that will start at 3.30 pm with the exact same program.
- Meeting Point: At your hotel reception /if not otherwise agreed/.
- Half day: 5.5 hrs approx
- Size: Min attendance for tour to run: 2 people – max 8 pp
- Allergy friendly: vegetarians and gluten free can be catered too
- Difficulty: a few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
- Wines tasted: Typical Istrian grape varieties (Malvazija Istarska, Teran, Muskat Momjanski, Refosk, Merlot, etc) and some local craft beers
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers.The producers also ship to the EU & USA. ThisIStria tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.